Get off Auto Mode and create stunning photographs with your digital camera. Shutter, Aperture, ISO, and Creativity!
In this workshop, you will master that dial on top of your camera, and use your camera’s shutter and aperture for amazing photography techniques. This is the perfect course if you own a digital SLR (DSLR), Mirrorless camera, or any digital camera with a control dial on top. Learn not only why there are 2 Auto modes on almost all digital cameras, but why, when, and how to go beyond Auto mode.
You will also learn
- how to “see” light
- how to make great compositions
- how to control focus
- how to take creative pictures of people and landscapes
- how to stop – or blur – action and movement
- how to lighten up shadows
- how, and when, to control ISO
- and lots more
Whether you own a Canon, Nikon, Olympus, Fuji, Sony, Panasonic, Leica, or other brand cameras, if you have manual controls you will be able to use these lessons to master your camera’s controls. Adults learn by doing – so put down that thick manual, grab your camera, and in an hour you will understand the dials and controls that are key to taking great photographs.
What some of my workshop students have said about my Beginner Photography Workshop:
“I enjoyed Steve’s style, and he presented the information in a way that is easy to understand.“
“Steve explained how the camera works, why I was doing what I was doing, how to change the modes, f-stops, etc. And what the result of the picture would be. When I left the workshop I was EXCITED to use my camera! I tried all of my newly learned techniques at home. I learned so much that day, and I was hungry for more!!!!!”
“Steve explained things at a level I understood, using terminology I understood. And even more important, I was able to practice what was taught and see the results. If the results were not what I expected, Steve was available to explain what changes should be made to get the better shot.”
“Steve is very knowledgeable about the subject matter and easily imparts that knowledge to students. He spends time explaining even the most basic concepts (like how do I pop the flash!). I had just gotten my camera and had no idea how to use it. I took some pretty great pictures after the workshop!”
- 1. Beginner Photography Workshop
- 2. A Brief Overview Of Your Workshop
- 3. Your Camera’s Auto Mode
- 4. That Other Auto Mode
- 5. Shutter Priority Mode Part 1
- 6. Shutter Priority Mode Part 2
- 7. Shutter Priority Mode Part 3
- 8. Shutter Priority Mode Part 4
- 9. Aperture Priority Mode
- 10. Shutter Priority vs. Aperture Priority
- 11. How And Why To Adjust ISO
- 12. Camera “Scene” Settings
- 13. How To Stabilize Your Camera
- 14. Wide Angle vs. Telephoto Lenses
- 15. Composition Part 1
- 16. Composition Part 2
- 17. Composition Part 3
- 18. Learn How To “See” Light
- 19. People and Landscape Photography
- 20. Bring out Smiles!
- 21. Simple Shutter and Aperture Exercises
- 22. It’s A Wrap!